2015 was a big year for Climate Hawks. From the Vatican to Paris, some (potentially) historic events occurred. We review the last twelve months to gain perspective on where we are and where we are going. Even though we failed to mention the President’s rejection of the Keystone Pipeline (put that under preparations for Paris, and a tribute to grassroots activism), there was a ton of good news to consider. Listen in.
The reading list:
- "Blame it on El Nino"
- Global heat records
- If the Globe is confused about the weather, assign it to the Spotlight team!
- Our podcast on Laudato SI
- The impact of the Paris Agreement
- An invisible disaster at Porter Ranch
- NOAA and the witch hunters
- Exxon-gate keeps unfolding
- Our podcast on Pilgrim Station
- Rejection-ism in North Carolina
Please support MCAN’s work. You can easily donate on-line !
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.