Our state government is now required to reduce carbon emissions, and the DEP is working on rules. While fixing gas leaks and improved efficiency are good steps, the idea of a statewide carbon tax is very appealing. We discuss.
The reading list:
- The Kain ruling. Read the conclusion on pg 38 and 39
- Some ways to cut emissions and meet the requirements of the GWSA
- MassLive's report on the Senate hearings
- The Globe's report on the Senate Hearing
- BlueMass blog on carbon fees
Please support MCAN’s work. You can easily donate on-line !
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.