The Omnibus Energy Bill is making its way through the Massachusetts Legislature. We talk with Carol Oldham, the Executive Director of the Massachusetts Climate Action Network (MCAN) about the good and bad of the “still to be defined” bill. Despite the huge win over Kinder Morgan there is still a lot of work to be done. (Spectra Energy: you’re next.) If you want to call your State Rep, see the link below!
The reading list:
- The Globe on Kinder Morgan
- Commonwealth Magazine on the Omnibus
- The case against pipelines
- Economies of scale for Wind
- The MA Power Forward Coalition
- UCS on Natural gas and CO2 emissions
- Wikipedia on RPS
- Click here to get your elected official's phone number
Please support MCAN’s work. You can easily donate on-line !
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.