Pipelines dominate climate news this week with proposed projects withdrawn in Massachusetts (and NY.) The relative good news shows the power of activism. Listen in as we review recent events.
The reading list:
- Mexican ambassador to lead IPCC
- Kinder Morgan withdraws
- But the movement continues
- The NY segment of the pipeline
- A second NY pipeline withdrawn!
- NY asks FERC to stop AIM pipeline
- Spectra pipeline explodes-Company plays a 'get out of jail' card.
- West Roxbury protests continues
- AG Healy opposes Gov. Baker's pipeline tax
- The Healy report on pipelines
- Greater Boston video on "People v Pipelines"
- Wild fires in tar-sands land
Please support MCAN’s work. You can easily donate on-line !
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.