In a surprise move, the Supreme Court granted a ‘stay’ thus halting the implementation of the President’s Clean Power Plan. The request came from the AG’s of 27 states who oppose the new clean energy regulations. The Court intervened in the normal legal process for cases like this, perhaps signaling a desire to rebuke the President’s exercise of executive power. What does this all mean? What can Climate Hawks do to keep the clean energy revolution on track? We discuss.
The reading list:
- MA v EPA
- Obama’s Clean Power Plan
- DC Court of Appeals rejects 'stay'
- NYT on what happened at SCOTUS...
- Why the SCOTUS 'stay' is outrageous
- Impact on Paris Agreement?
- SCOTUS wants showdown on Executive Power
- What do states do now?
- Did John Roberts destroy his legacy?
- UCS petition to continue state level work CPP
- MCAN Town Letter program
- Signup for the conference!
Please support MCAN’s work. You can easily donate on-line !
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.