The future of progress on climate is tied to the future of the fossil fuel industry. Now that the Paris Agreement is in place and oil prices are falling, what should a Climate Hawk think about that industry’s next steps? Listen in as we discuss some aspects of the story.
The reading list:
- Should big oil "self liquidate?"
- Arch Coal goes bankrupt
- The Paris Agreement triggers new Clean Air Act powers
- Obama halts coal leases on federal land
- Dave Roberts on leasing federal lands
- Paris puts heat on oil companies
- Saudi ARAMCO IPO?
- Big oil and renewables
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.