The reality of climate change was apparent last week in reports on rising sea levels, the climate-related drivers of the Baton Rouge floods and even human caused earthquakes in OK. On the other hand MA has a new port to assist in wind turbine installation, and CA passed historic and ambitious climate regulations. Listen in!
The reading list:
- NYT on sunny day flooding
- NYT on OK's fracking earthquakes
- Time magazine on the climate link in Baton Rouge
- Boston Globe on the New Bedford wind staging facility
- LA times on California's new climate laws
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.