President Xi of China met with our own bumbling President to (not) discuss climate change. Nevertheless, China has been making some big statements on its own account when it comes to global leadership on our warming planet. While Comrade Trump dreams of jobs in coal and VHS rental chainstores, Xi is pushing for clean energy jobs. Sad…for America. Listen in.
The reading list:
- NPR: Xi visits Trump
- China takes climate lead?
- China shutters 100 coal plants
- China shuts coal plants near capital
- Coal, Paris and markets
- April 19 on-line webinar on MCAN legislative priorities
- April 22 Science March in Boston
- People's March in Boston
- April 22 Science March
- April 29 march in DC
- Buses to DC for April 29
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.