A new report studies the risk to chemical sites from rising seas (think Harvey in Houston.) That coupled with the casual disposal of radioactive waste from fracking is an upsetting prospect. On the happy side of the ledger, California intends to refuse permits to bring oil onto its coasts from Federally approved oil rigs. Quite an idea! Finally, Elon Musk outdoes himself with the launch of a new rocket that put an EV into space. Too cool for school! Listen in.
p.s. Register for the conference on Saturday March 3 at Northeastern U. Link below!
The reading list:
- Grist report on radioactive waste from Fracking
- NYT- Sea level rise and chemical sites
- California to Trump: No one drop of oil
- Paris considers legal suit against Exxon
- Musk sends a Tesla to the Asteroid Belt
- Register now for Local Environmental Action Conference March 3 at Northeastern
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.