Have you heard about #GivingTuesday? It is the antidote to Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and is a time to support the non-profits and the causes you care about. We had the chance to catch up with MCAN’s Executive Director Carol Oldham. Listen in and then donate here.
Please support our work fighting climate change and helping cities and towns be more sustainable with a one time or monthly gift. With your help, in 2016 we were able to:
- Host the Local Environmental Action Conference, with 450 attendees, 28 workshops, Jane Kleeb (the "keystone killer") as the keynote speaker, with our partners at the Toxics Action Center.
- Lead three Clean Energy tours of the Deer Island Anaerobic Digester facility, with attendees from a total of 36 towns.
- Produce webinars on the Paris climate accords, Acadia Center’s EnergyVision, and the Energy Omnibus bill.
- Run four Climate Change Movie Nights, showing “Merchants of Doubt” and inspiring short films by Lynne Cherry about kids and climate change.
- Work with many of you to submit letters to the editor in your local papers. You can find some of them here.
- Hold three educational carbon pricing forums.
The reading list:
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.