It must be said openly that the 72 degree Fahrenheit temperature record set in Boston on February 22 2018 is a clear indicator of the onset of climate change. Despite the media silence in our city, the physics of climate change progresses relentlessly. What will it take to drive climate into our media? And what is an organizing principle? AG Healy has some good ideas about how to use the money won by Massachusetts from VW’s illegal MPG rating scam. Listen in. (Don’t forget to register for the Local Environmental Action Conference March 3 at Northeastern)
The reading list:
- Boston's temperature record is consistent with global warming
- Grist's Holthaus on the heat
- WaPo on the heat
- AG Healy sets out plan for VW money
- Wikipedia on organizing principlesAl Gore and Organizing Principles
- Register now for the Local Environmental Action Conference March 3 at Northeastern
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.