A recent public meeting marked a new chapter in ISO’s transparency. The Citizens Liaison Group, a committee of ISO-NE held an event near the contested Peaker Plant in Peabody.. Some of the issues under discussion were the possible use of ‘storage batteries’ to provide clean electricity instead of by a fossil fuel plant. Another was ISO’s failure to recognize citizens groups seeking to input views on ISO’s plans. Listen in to hear from some of the attendees
The reading list:
- ISO's Consumer Liaison Group
- No Coal, No Gas
- The Climate Minute on activist's takeover of the CLG
- Wildfire smoke makes ISO's PV predictions difficult
- A movie on the Peabody Peaker by Steve Andrada
- The Christmas Eve outages
- Breath Clean North Shore
- Slingshot's Fix the Grid Campaign
- The Climate MInute tries to demystify ISO and it's org chart
- The ISO to Go app
- Find the current global CO2 ppm here
- How many days ‘til 2030?
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon that protects environmental justice communities.
Thanks for listening.