Humans may need to go beyond reducing carbon emissions to actually removing CO2 from the atmosphere. “Carbon dioxide removal” is the buzzword. We talk to a someone with a new idea about how to approach this gargantuan task.
The reading list:
- The idea explained in detail
- Wikipedia on Carbon Dioxide Removal
- Reactive Surfaces website
- MIT: US says CDR is essential
- McDaniels's paper in “Journal of CO2 Utilization" describing the life cycle assessment of the idea
- Find the current global CO2 ppm here
- How many days ‘til 2030?
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon that protects environmental justice communities.
Thanks for listening.
Do you like this post?
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with