The Biden Administration’s climate efforts include improved regulation of financial markets. We talks to an expert from Ceres to understand how global warming represents a risk both to corporations and the entire system of finance.
The reading list:
- Apple calls for mandatory climate reporting
- New York to include climate in insurance
- Ceres' June 2020 report on systemic risk
- The Climate Minute on small actions to address a big risk, from November 2020
- The Climate Minute asks "Will Climate change topple your bank?" in October 2020
- Ceres' April 2021 report "Turning up the heat"
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.