Donald Trump’s half-baked idea to buy Greenland was met with justifiable derision. But the media missed the profound issues of climate change in the Arctic. The future of the North Pole will be full of risk and intrigue. We need to understand the problem better. Listen in.
The reading list:
- SciAm on trump, Greenland and warming
- Pompeo praises ice free Arctic
- NatGeo on lightening strikes at North Pole
- PBS on Arctic wildfires
- CNN on Greenland and climate change
- 2007: Russia discovers continental shelf includes North Pole
- 2007: Russia plants flag on North Pole
- Vox on Arctic borders
- China's Arctic Policy
- Greta T sailing to NYC
- Information on Climate Strike
- Bill McKibben calls for Climate Strike
- NYT's "1619 Project"
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.