The august greybeards of the conservative movement have proposed a carbon tax to address climate change. That is a good thing, on the face of it, but the deal contains some pills that range from bitter to poisonous. We discuss the ‘conservative climate solution’ in comparison to other carbon fee ideas. Also, listen in for DR’s favorite climate news websites.
The reading list:
- Globe on Conservative Carbon Tax
- NYT on conservative "climate solution"
- WAPO on the Conservative Carbon Tax
- NYT editorializes on a Carbon Tax
- by coincidence, so does WSJ!
- Vox: the conservative carbon tax dream will never die
- Sanders Boxer proposal
- Guardian on Dail Mail fake news
- Climate Crocks on NOAA
- Media Matters on bogus climate story
DR’s website recommendations
- Science March February 19 (Sunday) 12 noon, Copley Square
- April 29 march in DC
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.