The President’s Clean Power Plan is back in court this week, with big implications for Climate Hawks. Lamar Smith continues his witch-hunt, but the SEC is turning its eye toward Exxon’s possible shareholder fraud. Finally, the Paris Agreement maintains steady progress toward full ratification. That is good news! Listen in.
The reading list:
- The Hill on the upcoming CPP hearing
- Think Progress on what you need to know about the Clean Power Plan
- Globe editorial on Lamar Smith's tactics
- Lamar Smiths response to the Editors
- McCarthy responds to Smith
- SEC and Exxon
- Progress on Paris Accord
- Can we get it done before the election?
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.