Climate activists filled the hall outside of MA Governor Baker’s office to demand that he reject the construction of a natural gas Compressor Station in Weymouth. Even if the Governor won’t lend an ear, we listen to those voices in the hall!
The reading list:
- Home site for FFRACS, the local opposition to the compressor
- Earthwhile gives some background on the compressor
- Andrea Honore's blog
- The Climate Minute interview of Andrea
- Baker blinks first, and delays the wetlands permit
- Wikipedia on our Statehouse
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.