The new Administration’s Cabinet of swamp monsters continues to be grilled in Senate hearings. The particularly repugnant Scott Pruitt, candidate for EPA Administrator and fierce defendant of “states rights” for oil companies, went all wobbly on his principles when asked about allowing California to pursue it’s own aggressive clean energy standards. However, this may be just the tip of the iceberg, since the Fed’s may try to preempt clean energy work in many states. Fortunately, China looks willing to lead the rest of the world into a clean energy future. Listen in!
The reading list:
- Will the Rump try to "preempt" state clean energy efforts?
- Criminalization of protest?
- Markey grills Pruitt
- China ready to lead
- WY tries to outlaw clean energy
- EPA may "review" CA rules
- China to shutter 100 coal plants
- Obama commits $500M to UN fund
- China will take leadership of Paris implementation
- How to get involved in the DC march
- Link to the January 21 march through the MCAN event page
- Boston Women's March for America on January 21 2017 11AM
- Mass Power Forward Lobby Day January 25 2017 at 10AM
- April 29 march in DC
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.