A recent study suggests that some men regard protecting the environment as un-masculine behavior. Can that be real? We also review climate communications- does fear work better than reason? And can the Google algorithm be gamed to shows denier links first? Listen in!
The reading list:
- Will masculinity destroy the planet?
- The Scientific American article on relation of masculinity and climate denial
- Grist on Toxic Masculinity
- Climate Workshop Podcast
- David Wallace Wells on an Un-inhabitable Earth
- Vox's DR Roberts on climate communication
- Free-be... What does Renaissance literary theory tell us about climate communications?
- Is the Google algorithm gamed by climate deniers?
- MCAN's Energy 101 webinar, Jan 10
- Bill McKibben in JP Jan 17th
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.