The expansion of private jet capabilities at Hanscom is being opposed by a grassroots coalition of activist groups. Listen to one of those activists describe the issues and what is being done. Political pressure on the Governor is needed. You can sign a petition to Governor Healy at a link below.
The reading list:
- Report "Hanscom High Flyers" on who flies where
- The Coalition to stop private jet expansion at Hanscom or anywhere
- Sign the petition here!
- Commonwealth Magazine on Statehouse protests
- BBC: a few frequent fliers dominate air travel
- Aviation emissions we not included in the Paris Accord
- Report on MEPA review of Hanscom Expansion
- Find the current global CO2 ppm here
- How many days ‘til 2030?
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon that protects environmental justice communities.
Thanks for listening.