Spoiler alert: It is a health hazard. After recent reports linked gas stoves to asthma, a Federal Agency began thinking about the health impact of gas burning stoves. A conspiratorial freak-out followed, with right wing politicians distorting facts. Listen in for how much we love our induction cooktops.
The reading list:
- The original interview
- NPR on the gas stove culture war
- Two shocking studies
- Article on Asthma from stoves
- Article on toxins from gas stoves
- Consumer Reports on pros and cons of Induction stoves
- NYT The Case for Induction Stoves
- Mother Jones: how the gas industry convinced you to love your stove.
- find the current CO2 ppm
- How many days til 2030?
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon that protects environmental justice communities.
Thanks for listening.