Your air conditioner is full of super greenhouse gases, just waiting to escape and warm the world. This week the world did something about that- it agreed to the “Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol.” This will phase out the gases- known as HFC’s- and reduced the rate of warming. Listen in as we discuss.
The reading list:
- What is going on in Kigali
- The Guardian on the Kigali Amendment
- A deep dive from Legal Planet
- Carbon Dioxide Equivalent
- The Guardian on the US Senate's roll
- GreenNews Report on the Senate's role
- Climate wins this year!
- Let's get trade deals under a carbon regime
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.