Does climate change constitute a threat to our national security? That begs the question: What is “national security?” If you think national security is about the functioning of our government, or if you think it is about a citizen’s personal security, a pretty strong case exists that climate change is a real threat. We discuss that, plus Bill McKibben’s most recent act of civil disobedience.
The reading list:
- Obama told the Coast Guard climate is a national security issue
- Kerry says climate is a threat
- The DoD thinks climate is a security threat
- Questions at the recent debate
- An interactive sea-level rise map.
- "When fascism comes to America, it will be cloaked in a flag and introduced by a preacher."
- A gun dealer faces a judgment
- McKibben on Exxon's big lie
- McKibben arrested
- A DoJ investigation of Exxon?
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.