What does the community of the future look like? Probably net zero, or even net positive. What does that mean? It means a community that makes as much (or more) energy than it uses. It’s not only possible, it’s happening!
- Aaron Gunderson—Executive Director, Passive House Massachusetts
- Meredith Elbaum—Executive Director, US Green Building Council MA
- Michael Davis—Senior Program Officer for Lending and the Green Retrofit Initiative at Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Puja Vohra— Principal Consultant/Owner, Green Elements, LLC
- Cammy Peterson—Director of Clean Energy, Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC)
Come learn the basic concepts of net-zero communities, including the different net zero definitions (and why that is important to your work), as well as some of the challenges and opportunities around the building sector.
Get inspired by what is possible today and by what has been achieved by some communities and projects, and leave with the ability to assess what the current situation is in your community and how to take action towards net zero.
This roundtable discussion is co-sponsored by Mothers Out Front Massachusetts and Sierra Club Massachusetts.
290 Congress St
Boston, MA 02210
Google map and directions