FERC has granted Enbridge permission to proceed with construction of the Weymouth Compressor, beginning on Dec 3. We discuss this and some listener questions.
The reading list:
- The Globe reports FERC approval
- Weymouth Mayor Hedland's letter
- The Climate Minute on the NH Power line, from February 2018
- Bangor Daily News on the Maine power line
- Commonwealth Magazine on the Maine approval
- 1407, An Act Facilitating Public Ownership of Public Utilities
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.