In the first of two episodes, we hear about private jet traffic at Hanscom Field. Spoiler alert: it is mostly rich people taking relatively short (and consequently very carbon polluting) flights to vacation getaways. Should your state government (n the form of MassPort) permit the expansion of these polluting luxury trips? You will have a better answer after listening.
The reading list:
- Report: "Hanscom High Flyers" on who flies where
- The Coalition to stop private jet expansion at Hanscom or anywhere
- Commonwealth Magazine on Statehouse protests
- BBC: a few frequent fliers dominate air travel
- Find the current global CO2 ppm here
- How many days ‘til 2030?
Thanks for listening.