Recently, the World Health Organization (WHO) said that various meats are bad for your health. Did you know they are also bad for the planet? The carbon footprint of meat is very large. According to the Guardian, “The global livestock industry produces more greenhouse gas emissions than all cars, planes, trains and ships combined..” So eating less meat is good for you and the planet.
There a lot of other meaty stuff going on for Climate Hawks, so we make a lightening review of TPP, CPP, COP21, Solar caps and Pilgrim. If that alphabet soup makes no sense to you, listen in and we’ll catch you up!
The reading list:
- WHO issues a report on meat.
- The Guardian points out the carbon footprint of meat.
- Dana Perino says something silly at about 3:13
- Joseph Stiglitz discusses the implication of 'Investor State Dispute' arbitration
- Senate tries to undermine the Obama Clean Power Plan
- What will a Paris accord look like?
- The MA House will take up solar caps.
- Does Cape Wind have new wind at its back?
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.