The climate has changed enough to allow a tornado on Cape Cod, as part of an extreme heat wave covering much of the nation. Things are likely to get worse unless we take action. Mary Anaise Heglar suggests the deep emotion of love can power us to move. Yes Magazine gives many ways to find a climate action that resonates with your personality. Listen in.
The reading list:
- US heat wave
- Shave the Peak!
- Tornado on Cape Cod
- ThinkProgress on Trump Heat Waves
- Heglar's piece "But the greatest of these is love.."
- June 7 Climate Minute discussed one of Heglar's earlier pieces
- Heglar says that climate is not the first existential crisis
- Yes Magazine on 9 ways to take climate action
- A tenth way is to join MCAN!
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.