Massachusetts continues to demonstrate it’s leadership on climate issues. Maura Healy gets a win over Exxon and fights door to door greenwashing scams. Charley Baker gets a thumbs up for a ‘point of sale’ energy audit but a thumbs down for a poison pill proposal to put natural gas in a ‘clean peak power’ package. The Northern Pass finally gets rejected, and a pipeline lobbyist lurks on constituent emails, but then cleverly hits ‘Reply all’ to comment. Hmmm….
The reading list:
- Globe on Healy's market decision
- MassEnergy explains Healy action against residential market
- MCAN and Community Choice Aggregation
- The poison pill in Baker's Clean Peak option?
- Baker proposes point of sale energy audit requirement
- Northern Pass is rejected
- Healy wins against Exxon
- Lobbyist hits REPLY ALL
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.