Fifty-six Climate Hawks arrested near Seneca Lake protesting natural gas storage, plus twenty-one Florida mayors demanding a realistic discussion of climate in the Presidential campaign add up to a growing movement. Listen in as we discuss the week’s events.
The reading list:
- 56 people, including Bill McKibben, are arrested protesting natural storage under Lake Seneca.
- MIT Students reach climate agreement with school President on Divestment
- Salem groups push Baker to halt pipeline land surveys
- 21 Florida Mayors demand climate questions in the Presidential debates
- A murder shows risks and courage of environmental activists
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.