In the waning days of 2020, Congress passed a COVID relief bill that included a good package of climate legislation. Among many other topics, the bill tells the EPA to deal with the 'super' greenhouse gases used in air conditioning. Why does this matter? Listen in.
The reading list:
- USA Today on the climate legislation
- The House press release on the legislation
- The Senate press release on the legislation
- Dave Roberts on the legislation
- Rolling Stone on the legislation
- Inside Climate News on the legislation
- Slate calls for focus on HVAC as climate issue
- Grist on A/C and HFC
- Inside Climate News on use of Propane in Chinese A/C systems
- Info on the GHG properties of refrigerants
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.