The crisis point of the proposed natural gas Compressor Station in Weymouth is coming in early November. Recently, an activist was arrested during a protest against the station. We speak with Nathan Phillips about his experience and rising stakes in perhaps the most important climate issue in Massachusetts’ politics.
The Reading List:
- NO COMPRESSOR is the informative website of FRRACS (The Fore River Residents Against the Compressor Station)
- Wicked Local report on the direct action
- The FANG ( Fighting Against Natural Gas) website
- The National Lawyer's Guild
- A form to pledge action in Weymouth
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.