As the clock ticked toward zero, the Obama administration denied a corporate request for an easement to complete the Dakota Access Pipeline. This has effectively stopped the billion dollar project, and given a huge boost to the Native American “Water Protectors.” What happens next? What will the coming Trumpian mis-administration do? We discuss.
The reading list:
- What was happening December 3rd
- Will the DAPL financing collapse on January 1?
- Democracy Now on the financial status of the DAPL
- Standing Rock got Zero coverage on Sunday shows
- UN investigate rights abuse in Dakota
- Oil industry pushes Trump to approve DAPL
- The Electoral College is designed to stop someone like Trump
- How the Electoral College is unfair to the blue states
- Social media coverage of Standing Rock
- McKibben on Standing Rock as a turning point
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.