This week we learned that sea level rise could be much faster than anyone thought. By the end of this century, the sea could rise by about 6 feet. Imagine standing on your favorite beach, at the exact water’s edge. Then imagine the water over your head- how much farther inland would it go? That is a hint about where we could be in less than 100 years. Of course, if you play the Climate Smart Boston game, your views will help shape the long term plans of the city. On top of that, we have MA AG Healy investigating Exxon and new EVs to consider. Listen in!
The reading list:
- On-point Radio discusses seal level rise report
- ThinkProgress on sea level rise
- ClimateCrocks on sea level rise
- NYT on sea level rise
- WaPo on sea level rise
- Climate Smart Boston
- That infamous Time Magazine cover- "Be afraid"
- AG Coalition to fight climate change
- AG Healy to investigate Exxon
- MA can go 100% green!
- Tesla 3 v Bolt- let the battle begin!
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.