DAPL activists were the target of military style counter-terrorism methods at Standing Rock and elsewhere, conducted by the TigerSwan security company. Is this even legal? (And why are these organizations obsessed with Secret-Agent-007-James-Bondian names for their sad little enterprises?) On a happier note, a young woman named Juliana has frightened three big oil groups. At first they asked to be named defendants in the “Our Children’s Trust” lawsuit, but now that they might have to answer questions before God and the internet they’ve developed cold feet. Listen in.
The reading list:
- The Intercept on counter-terrorism tactics at Standing Rock
- Grist on Paramilitary Security tactics at Standing Rock
- The Intercept on the Surveillance Industrial Complex
- Mother Jones on Exxon reporting
- InsideClimateNews on the Children's Lawsuit
- Julia case request for documents
- June 13, Carbon lobby day at the MA Statehouse
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.