Methane (AKA natural gas) is a super greenhouse gas. The myriad leaks in pipes from wellhead to your home demand immediate attention. Listen to an expert describe what we can do about methane. Spoiler alert: we can reduce the leaks by 65% by 2025!
The reading list:
- EPA page on regulating methane
- AN EPA video about the use of Infra-red camera to see methane leaks
- Industry reactions to methane rules
- Markey on the Civilian Climate Corp
- Extinction Rebellion sails a pink boat to the Governor's mansion
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.