During the last few weeks, Massachusetts has seen more than 50 arrests in three separate ‘direct actions’ addressing climate change. What does this mean? Also, Greta Thunberg is named Person of the Year, and is an inspiration to all.
The Reading list:
- Climate Disobedience on Train blockade
- WBUR on Coal train protest
- Lowell Sun on Statehouse arrests
- WBUR on the Statehouse arrests
- Patriot Ledger on Weymouth construction
- WBUR on Weymouth construction
- FRRACS statement
- Greta is Time's Person of the Year
- Watch a murmuration.
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.