Massachusetts’ mega-project to fix gas leaks has been shown to be ineffective in reaching its goal. Senator Barrett explains what the state legislature, and all climate activists, can do to manage the retreat from methane. Thanks to GasLeaksAllies.org for permission to use this audio- you can see the webinar at their site.
The reading list:
- The webinar video
- The "GSEP at the 6 Year Mark" report
- The Climate Minute with Dr Seavy on the GSEP from the GasLeaksAllies webinar
- WBUR FAQ on MA Climate Roadmap bill
- UMASS Climate Systems Research Center
- Acadia Center on Future of Heat Commission
- MCAN on net zero building codes
- The home page of GasLeaksAllies.org
- Geo-district heating
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.