"An Act creating a next-generation roadmap for Massachusetts climate policy" was vetoed by Governor Baker albeit with suggested amendments. The good news is that the bill still has a path to becoming law. We review the stakes and discuss the give and take of lawmaking. Activists pushing for progress can make all the difference.
The reading list:
- WBUR reports on the Baker action
- Climate Xchange discusses the options
- Commonwealth on the value of Net Zero buildings
- Acadia Center critique the $6B excuse
- MCAN's tool kit for Net Zero Building advocates
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.