The state of Rhode Island is on track to make climate progress through new legislation. We talk with an expert on what is going on in the Ocean State. Note the upcoming opportunity to get involved on March 8.
The reading list:
- org – interested Rhode Islanders can get on the list by signing on to the Climate Crisis Campaign statement
- Climate Action RI does grassroots climate advocacy work of all types.
- This blog is a good resource for RI policy work:
- Upcoming webinar (Tuesday March 8, 1PM) on how you can get involved
- Fact Sheet on RI bill H71111 for 100% clean energy by 2030
- YouTube of RI Advocacy Training February 2022
- The Environmental Council of RI homepage
- Green Energy Consumers Alliance
- State of RI climate page
- The Climate Minute on the MOPR rule
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.