Everybody loves to fly, but aviation has a big and increasing climate impact. What are the prospects for greening flight? Plus questions: do we value air travel over the planet? Would the global economy decline if it took a week to get to China? Listen in.
The reading list:
- BBC on the impact of travel choices
- Yale on reducing fights for academics
- Virgin Air's Branson thinks we all want to fly
- A rundown of the issues, plus a suggestion to slow down
- Pressure on aviation industry to clean up
- UK proposal to ban frequent flyer programs and tax air miles.
- How to make transportation carbon neutral? - David Keith
- Cape Air's electric plane!
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.