This panel will discuss the critical need that Massachusetts faces to build new clean energy infrastructure and the challenges, as well as opportunities, that are available to ensure that community needs are met and environmental justice is achieved as part of this process. The panel will also touch on potential reforms that may be needed to ensure our climate targets are being met in a way that enhances environmental justice.
Our panel of experts includes:
- Melissa Hoffer, Massachusetts Climate Chief
- Maria Belen Power, Massachusetts Undersecretary of Environmental Justice & Equity
- Turner Smith, Deputy Bureau Chief of the Energy & Environment Bureau at the Attorney General’s Office
- John Walkey, Director of Waterfront & Climate Justice Initiatives at Greenroots
- Richard Kanoff, Partner & Chair of the Renewable Energy Group at Prince Lobel & Tye