The politics of climate change and clean energy rolled on this week in Boston. Marty Walsh held an international mayoral climate summit and discussed plans to coordinate clean energy plans with other cities, but activists were upset by his support for urban pipelines and reticence to implement Community Choice Energy. In parallel, Senator Pacheco’s excellent energy bill (S2545) nears a vote in the upper house. Listen in!
The reading list:
- Read about Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) aka Community Choice Energy (CCE)
- Boston to join other cities to collectively buy energy from renewable sources - The Boston Globe
- Activists criticize Boston mayor over energy policies - The Boston Globe
- Mayors can get around the feds in going green - The Boston Globe
- Status of Pacheco Bill!
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.