The Corona virus gives us an interesting perspective on climate change issues. We discuss.
The reading list
- The Weather Channel on Climate as a health issue.
- David Wallace Well points out the adaptation/mitigation perspective on Corona Virus
- NYT on pollution drop in China from epidemic
- Columbia blog on how climate accelerates new diseases
- Ice Age bird thaws out.
- Kate Aronoff points out impact of lifestyle on carbon pollution
- Gizmodo on globalization
- Pray for the scientists
- NASA animation of Milankovitch cycles
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.