Following the SJC’s decision against the pipeline tax, the utilities have pulled out of the Access Northeast pipeline project. That is good news, but raises the question of what happens next in the fight against new fossil fuel infrastructure. The Dakota Access pipeline fight looms large in this context. One the other hand, there are now several examples of clean energy breakthroughs. Listen in as we discuss.
The reading list:
- Eversource withdraws from the Access Northeast pipeline.
- Did Climate start changing in the 1830?
- Guardian on the Dakota Access pipeline
- NYT on the Dakota pipeline
- NYT Opinion on the Dakota pipeline
- Chilean solar is cheaper than coal
- Block Island Wind Project
- Tesla announces a battery breakthrough
Please support MCAN’s work. You can easily donate on-line !
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.