The big utilities like Eversource get paid a lot to build those gas pipes in the street in front of your house. Who does the paying? As a ratepayer, you do. Every month your bill carries obscure charges that fund more pipelines. We talk with an expert on how all this money changes hands and why climate activists should understand some details.
The reading list:
- Report: GSEP at the Six Year Mark
- A 2 minute video explaining the layout of your gas bill
- The Climate Minute on the GSEP Megaproject
- The Climate Minute on legislative responses to the GSEP problems
- The Climate Minute on the EJ implications of GSEP
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with