The Constitution calls for us to inaugurate our new president, but it also specifically protects “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” On January 21 we will march in Boston Common to oppose the many repugnant policies of the new administration. Link to the January 21 march through the MCAN event page and say your will be marching with MCAN. Then send an email to [email protected] and come by MCAN HQ for a cup of hot chocolate! Plus, Maura Healy wins a round with Exxon, and we wonder what our new “friend” Rex Tillerson is up to. Listen in!
The reading list:
- Judge orders Exxon to provide documents-Healy wins a round
- Tillerson murky on climate
- Putin likes Tillerson to get Arctic Oil
- The Exxon-Russian plan for the Arctic
- Carbon bubble
- How Exxon won the election
- History of the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company
- A PDF of a walking tour of Boston Common, including the Carty Parade Ground!
- The Ancient and Horribles Parade
- William Dawes (not Revere) rode through Cambridge
- How to get involved in the DC march
- Link to the January 21 march through the MCAN event page
- [email protected]
- Boston Women's March for America on January 21 2017 11AM
- Mass Power Forward Lobby Day January 25 2017 at 10AM
- April 29 march in DC
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.