We discuss the connection of DACA to climate change. Dreamers have helped, and died doing so, in Houston even as it’s undocumented hide in shattered homes for fear of ICE agents. These events are a dress rehearsal for a warming world with increasing numbers of refugees. Climate Hawk recognized the link to all the progressive issues of our time. It’s the shared vision of a better world, and the need to support each other’s efforts. Listen in!
The reading list:
- Dreamers face deportation
- DACA heroes in Houston
- Harvey and the struggle of the undocumented
- McKibben links progressive ideas
- Climate denial and racism
- Outer Cape Energy discussion September 25
- Lobby Day at State House September 19
- Clean Energy Revolution book discussion Sep 13
- HOW TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REPRESENTATIVES
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.