Thoreau’s cabin is only a few miles from Weymouth, but his ideas are becoming important to the discussion. The unwanted Weymouth Compressor Station is close to obtaining it’s last permits. Deadlines loom in early November. If you want to do something about it, call Commissioner Suuberg and urge him to deny the permits. It’s 617-292-5500, ext 7882.
- Last two permits for Weymouth Compressor
- Actions you can take to stop the compressor
- Our discussion with Nathan Phillips on his arrest
- Martin Suuberg's contact info
- XR Rebellion 'direct action' in London
- BBC on XR Rebellion
- Shell CEO claims 'no choice'
- Guardian on the 20 firms that are responsible for 1/3 of carbon
- MLK Institute information on non-violence
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for a building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist the United States transform it’s energy sector, over the next decade, under a just and equitable plan, that uses regulations, investments and a price on carbon to safeguard our collective future.
Thanks for listening.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with